By John Hnatio
Over the past couple of weeks we have published two editorial pieces on the Hillary Clinton e-mail scandal and FBI Director Comey’s decision to give Secretary Clinton a pass on prosecution. My idea was to start a dialogue on what happened to engage people. Well, we succeeded and the participation on Facebook was robust. As expected some liked what was said and others did not.
One commentor took exception to my use of the word “damn” and “idiots.” She implored us to use our wit instead. To that end, I went through the comments at our Facebook page and for each comment, I found a quote by someone else that spoke in response to each comment. In some cases, I had to truncate your comments but I strived to maintain your context and meaning.
We hope that all of you Democrats, Republicans and Libertarians enjoy! In the end, no matter what your political persuasion, we are all on the same side. As political satirist Will Rogers once said, “I don’t make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts.”
- Comment: “There ain’t no way to hide your lying eyes”. The Eagles.
Famous Quote: “You see it your way. I see it mine. But we both see it slipping away.” The Eagles
- Comment: “I like very much that we can have an open and honest conversation about our country’s state of affairs. My only request is that we keep it civil and please no swearing.”
Famous Quote: “Civility is not saying negative or harsh things. It is not the absence of critical analysis. It is the manner in which we are sharing this territorial freedom of political discussion. If our discourse is yelled and screamed and interrupted and patronized, that’s uncivil.” Richard Dreyfuss
- Comment: “This is the problem with Hillary supporters. They are too uninformed about their candidate.”
Famous Quote: “If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson
- Comment: “I’ve read extensively about the Whitewater ‘investigation’, the Benghazi ‘investigation’. It would take a book to list the false claims and accusations leveled hat [sic] the Clintons, especially Hillary.”
Famous Quote: “If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.” Rene Descartes
- Comment: It’s him or her. At least she knows what she’s talking about.
Famous Quote: “People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” Isaac Asimov
- Comment: Do you not see the lies and corruption with Hillary by her record of her actions? Her contradicting statements, her lies under oath?
Famous Quote: “You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time.” Abraham Lincoln
- Comment: “The ‘Hornswoogle’ did not come from Director Comy [sic], it comes from the Rights [sic] enmity toward the Clntons [sic]. I find the allegation that Hillary would intentionally put the security of the country in harm’s way as outrageous.”
Famous Quote: “So you know what I’m gonna do? I’m gonna do something really outrageous, I’m gonna tell the truth.” John Travolta
- Comment: “Hillary is a total liability to the Democratic Party. FBI thinks she is unsophisticated, uninformed, grossly negligent, unintelligent, blames everyone else and is willing to throw her friends under the bus and lies about everything. We don’t trust her to do one thing that is good and decent for the people and she sure shouldn’t be president of our country.”
Famous Quote: “If we were to abandon concern for what is true, what is false, and what remains indeterminate, the world would be totally chaotic. Even those who deny the importance of truth, on the one hand, are quick to jump on anyone who is caught lying.” Howard Gardner
- Comment: As one of the highest Cabinet positions in our government, all correspondence [sic] to and from the office should be considered high security, PERIOD!!!! She signed documents acknowledging as much, under penalty of law. What’s the problem, at the very least it is purposeful, gross negligence, obfiscation [sic], deception.
Famous Quote: “Broken vows are like broken mirrors. They leave those who held to them bleeding and staring at fractured images of themselves.” Richard Paul Evans
- Comment: Comey was correct that pursuing this in her case would be a double standard. All those Republican congress people are in a position to re-write the law. Maybe that’s what they should do.
Famous Quote: “If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it.” Julius Caesar
- Comment: “I think we can safely assume that everything that comes out of some institution named for a fictional character is pretty much just fiction.”
Famous Quote: “Fiction is a particular kind of rhetoric, a way of thinking that I think can be useful in your life. It asks you to image the world through someone else’s eyes, and it allows you to try to empathize with situations that you haven’t actually experienced.” Dan Chaon
- Comment: “Still, in the naked light of truth and plain-speak, she evades prosecution.”
Famous Quote: “Even the most cynical can hardly be surprised by the antics of Nixon and his accomplices as they are gradually revealed. It matters little, at this point, where the exact truth lies in the maze of perjury, evasion, and of contempt for the normal – hardly inspiring – standards of political conduct.” Noam Chomsky
- Comment: “The FBI has been absorbed into the DOJ and reduced to the Feckless Boneheaded Idiocracy. Mr. Holder reduced the DOJ to a Democrat Operations Jobbery that no longer cares for Truth, Justice or the American way. The initials remain the same, but the names changed to protect the guilty.”
Famous Quote: “Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.” W. Clement Stone
- Comment: Program for Investigative studies; probably owned by Trump.
Famous Quote: Although Donald Trump has described himself as an ‘ardent philanthropist,’ he has only donated $3.7 million to his own foundation. In comparison, a wrestling company has given Trump’s foundation $5 million. He ranks among the least charitable billionaires in the world. Ben Davis
- Comment: Libertarian site. Anything that has John Galt in it.
Famous Quote: “I just think it is important that you realize, that you’re the best in the world. Whether you are a Democrat or Republican or whether you’re Libertarian or whatever, you are the best. And we should not ever forget that. And when somebody does not do the job, we got to let them go.” Clint Eastwood
- Comment: What, tell me please, does “gross negligence” have to do with “intent [sic “?”]
Famous Quote: “But the crime of ‘gross negligence’ in the Espionage Act [of 1917] doesn’t appear to require proof of any intentional mishandling of documents. Specifically, the law makes it a felony to permit classified information relating to national defense to be ‘removed from its proper place of custody’ through gross negligence.” Stephen I. Vladeck, National Security Scholar, University of Texas.
- Comment: HILLARY WINS AGAIN….WING NUTS HEAD EXPLODES…. lol I LOVE IT…
Famous Quote: “You grow up the day you have the first real laugh at yourself.” Ethel Barrymore
Comment: Apparently, people in the ‘john [sic] Galt’ group don’t actually do any reading for their investigations. Because if they did, they would know what the standard for a criminal charge is in Hillary’s email case. There needed to be ‘criminal intent’ to bring [sic].
Famous Quote: “…Hillary Clinton checked every box required for a felony violation of Section 793(f) of the federal penal code (Title 18)…In essence, in order to give Mrs. Clinton a pass, the FBI rewrote the statute, inserting an intent element that Congress did not require.” Andrew C. McCarthy, Former U.S. Attorney
- Comment: “Cabinet members do not “seek permission”, that’s why they have staff. They expect their staff to know what they are doing and adhere to all policies and procedures.”
Famous Quote: “You can delegate authority, but not responsibility.” Stephen W. Comiskey
- Comment: “Marking documents is the responsibility of the originator, not the Secretary of State, and occasionally the classifying authority makes mistakes. Federal government security policies require documents to be protected at their current marked level.”
Famous Quote: “The professionals must set a good example.” A. Bartlett Giamatti “Being a leader and manager isn’t about doing everything yourself. It’s also not about just “letting it be.” Sharlyn Lauby
- Comment: “Clinton didn’t come in and write her own security practices, they were in place long before she became Secretary of State.”
Famous Quote: “We started off trying to set up a small anarchist community, but people wouldn’t obey the rules.” Alan Bennett
- Comment: “The [sic] is not like the Petraeus case in which an individual, General Petraeus, knowingly and willfully disclosed classified information to his mistress…”
Famous Quote: “According to court documents, former CIA Director David Petraeus was prosecuted for sharing intelligence from special access programs with his biographer and mistress Paula Broadwell. At the heart of his prosecution was a non-disclosure agreement where Petraeus agreed to protect these closely held government programs, with the understanding “unauthorized disclosure, unauthorized retention or negligent handling … could cause irreparable injury to the United States or be used to advantage by a foreign nation.” Clinton signed an identical non-disclosure agreement Jan. 22, 2009.” Catherine Herridge
- Comment: Amazing some people just can’t get over the truth!
Famous Quote: Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
- Comment: “Obviously this is still a Witch Hunt. Or the Republicon [sic] Party fears what will be exposed if Hillary has to answer for her crimes…..What most believe has little evidence to prove it. Was there REALLY any TOP SECRET information passed…..? NO.”
Famous Quote: “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.” Stephen HawkingPlease Donate